Friday, July 2, 2010

Since last year....

I understand that it has literally been almost a year since I last updated my blog and there is just WAY too much to write if I were to cover everything that has happened since then. So Im just going to sum things up and bring it to the present. :)
A year ago when we finished up with selling in Philidelphia we found ourselves a cute little apartment close to campus and have been living there ever since. Aaron did very well this last semester and I continued working at Shoots Chinese Cuisine three days out of the week. We celebrated our first anniversary together and were pleased to add two new members to my family; Amber (who married my brother ward), and Eva (My newest niece. Damon and Leslea's).
Now Aarons sister Tiffany is having a baby and is due in September :) This will be the first nephue on Aarons side of the family!!! We are so excited!
So that sums up all the basics of what this last year has entailed. But to bring things to the present....
In April, just after Aaron finished his finals, we headed out for our newest adventure to sell alarms with Pinnicle in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It only took us two days to get there and when we arrived we were happy to see that our apartments were so nice :) I hurried and applied for jobs and quickly was hired to work at OutBack Steakhouse just accross the street from our apartments. Unfortunately we had to transfer our office to Altanta, Georgia just three weeks later due to some attorney general stuff and our offices selling liceneses. So once again we packed up and headed out to Altanta!
In wasnt as smooth of a transition as the first because everything was orgnized at the last minute. When we got to Atlanta we couldnt move into our apartments for another few days and had to stay at a hotel for the weekend. When we were able to get into our apartments we had to wait for our rented furnitureto arrive for a full week! The apartment was completely barren! We ate on the floor, slept on the floor, sat on the floor. We used all my clothes from my suitcase as padding for a bed! When our furniture came it was one of the happies moments in my life! And, with the humidity here there are SO SO many bugs! I kill like 30 centipedes a day in our apartment. So anyway, now here we are in Georgia having a great time! Oh, and I have to mention that we are the ONLY white people in our complex. hahaha! But it has still been a great experience non-the-less.
Aaron wakes up and goes to the gym nearly every morning and then eats a lunch and heads out to work. He works outside ALL day in the heat! Door to door, every day, ALL day! Then he comes home, eats dinner, and goes to bed. I dont know how he does it all! He is so driven! Right now he is #3 in our office for his number of sales. He is so amazing and succeeds at all that he strives for. I am so proud to have him as mine!
I, on the other hand, dont have a lot to do with my time since we arrived here. Luckily my friend Natasha is out here again this year so we keep eachother company along with all the other wives who are here with their selling husbands. Ill name a few; Amber, Marcie, Hillary, Stacy(Natasha's sister), Rozalyn, Whitney, Kelly, Morgan, and a few girlfriends here and there who fly out to see their guys. My brother Ward and his wife Amber were also out here for the first couple of weeks and decided to leave after a short while. I was sad but I had to go on with my summer time life and make due.
We (us wives) have fun- and try to entertain ourselves while spending the least amount of money as possible. We go to the pool, we play cards, stop by the grocery store at least twice a week.... Most of the time we have to carpool because the guys take the cars and rotate each week when they go out to sell.
I have made some lil friends out here also :) Some of the black kids here love me because I play with them when Im at the pool. Marcie has a little boy named Carson along with her step daughter named Reese. They are 3 and 4, Carson is the older one. They are so cute and love to play games when we are at the pool. And thats how it started..Amber and I were having fun with Carson and Reese and some of the other kids at the pool wanted to join us... and since we go to the pool like every day this became routine. Yada yada... And before I knew it I was getting knocks on my door from all the neighborhood kids asking me to come play with them! haha! My favorite friend is little Madison. He is 5 and was actually the first kid to come join our pool games! Him and Carson hit it off! Madison has an older sister Named Mia, 8, who is like his constant baby sitter. Then she has her best friend Jordan and her older brother Jaden, 10. They are my new possie.... My buds!
Last week our friend, Emily, from home flew out to ATL to see her husband who is doing some sort of internship at Georgia Tech. So Natasha, Stacy, and I drove out to the city to pick her up and have a fun day together. We went to the cheesecake factory where stacy decided to taste a bite of Natasha's Hibachi steak and bit into a huge bolt that was embeded in the pice of steak! We immidiatley notified the waiter who then notified the Restaurant manager.. yada yada. It was funny but crazy also.
After getting a massive discount on the check we went to the coke factory downtown. It wasnt as cool as I thought it would be but we still had a good time in our own way! I broke my camera trying to hurry to take a pic with the coke-a-cola bear and I dropped it :( They had a live DJ outside of the factory and we got our grove on as we left.
Just a few days after that Aaron and I were getting ready for our date night (every Sat night is date night) and we got a call from some friends from our ward in Provo. Ephraim and Steffi were on a lay over in Atlanta on their way to Germany to see their families. They were staying for the night so we went out to get them from the airport and had some dinner. When we went to find them a hotel there were non that had any vacantcies so we brought them back to our little apartment and made a bed out of the couch cussions for them. The next morning we all went to Wild Buffalo Wings to watch the Germany vs. England World Cup watch. Germany won!!! Then we got them ready and left to take them to the airport. To make a long story short, we got them there too late and they missed their flight so we were lucky enough to spend another fun night playing games with our friends! It was a fun time! And we were glad to see some friends from home! But luckily they made their flight the next day!
Today myself, and all the wives went to the Atlanta Zoo! It was so much fun! We saw all the animals and gave Miley Cyrus a run for her money when we found a giant bird nest and showed her what it means 'To Not Be Tamed". haha! We had a good time! The Atlanta Zoo isnt as big as the Phili Zoo was but it still had its perks. haha- get it.... Perks? haha!
So this sums everything up and brings it to the present. Ill do my best to keep this updated but my comp is retarded so I have to use other sources in the mean time. CIAO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment